Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Saint Patricks Day!


I almost forgot that it was St. Patricks day. Google had to remind me, as one can see from their ivy logo on their front page (not to mention the ivy within Ad Sense...pretty cool, huh?).

Some fans are also dressing up for the occasion, as the Google Community is sporting a special addition of green today.

What am I doing? Well, I forgot to wear green (so nobody pinch me) but I did find a couple of Irish blogs that may be of interest. ;)

Irish Pennants has an interesting post about the war in Iraq via Real Clear Politics.

During a recent visit to Baghdad, I saw an enormous failure. On the part of our media. The reality in the streets, day after day, bore little resemblance to the sensational claims of civil war and disaster in the headlines.

No one with first-hand experience of Iraq would claim the country's in rosy condition, but the situation on the ground is considerably more promising than the American public has been led to believe. Lurid exaggerations and instant myths obscure real, if difficult, progress.


I've never been to Iraq before, but what Jkelly mentions on the blog kinda does line up with what I've been hearing from Iraqi bloggers.

The second weblog, Irish Elk, sports some bagpipes, an instrument that you are either great at or should be imprisoned until you are great at (it separates the men from the boys).

Faugh a Ballagh! Erin Go Bragh!In the spirit of the day, allow me to suggest the Quiet Man set & Garryowen.And to inspire the bald Eagles this weekend: "For Boston," with bagpipes, by the Dropkick Murphys.


Heh! Happy Saint Patricks Day everyone, and if you are in New York, beware of the "happy" parade...unless you're Irish of course. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips