Monday, March 13, 2006

Rize Up You Say?


Beau reviews a show called Rize over on Seasons Under the Sun.

If you are a prosperous, white, urban professional living a pleasant life in the suburbs you probably haven't asked yourself what's happening on the streets of South Central Los Angeles these days.

In fact you'd probably prefer not to think about that tough, gang infested environment at all. Fortunately, I was visually yanked onto those streets while channel surfing when I discovered the best cultural documentary you could imagine called Rize.


It looks like an interesting movie. Reminds me of Save the Last Dance, with more skin exposed. Although some of my friends are into the dancing "hip hop can't stop" films, I favor the epic adventure movies such as Lord of the Rings (not to mention sci fi).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips