Thursday, February 02, 2006

What's Wrong With My Faith?


Ben it seems is irritated that some people at work do not enjoy listening to his faith and may write him off as "a fruit loop" (my words).

Here is the scoop.

Working in a liberal university setting, I struggle with the fact that, if you have Christian beliefs and ideologies, they are immediately invalidated as ludicrous or antiquated and somehow they shouldn't be discussed or that you lack intelligence because you have these beliefs.

We live in a society of cultural relativism. Where there are no absolutes and it is offensive for a person to tell others that what they believe is wrong. The majority has a problem with Christianity because our faith is based on absolutes...according to my faith, there is right and wrong. But nobody wants to be told that they are wrong.


Although some may view Ben as "a fruit loop," I do have to side with Ben, on this one, as the PC crowd is really getting on my nerves.

I think regardless whether you are a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Straight, Gay, etc., you do have the right to be told that you are wrong and if you disagree then you are entitled to respond back in kind with evidence.

A famous man once said, "For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth," and I believe that quote still applies today.

Good job Ben! If you get any more resistance, tell them to start a blog. Heh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips