Thursday, January 19, 2006

Advice For Actors...


And for those aspiring to be actors. Donald Foley answers audition questions posted by readers on his site. I think my favorite is question number three:

3. Is it possible, that sometimes the best actor/actress for the part doesn't get cast for whatever reason?

Oh Yes, you could be the best d*** actor in the world, but if you look like the directors x-wife, or their most hated teacher from sixth grade you could get passed over for someone less talented. [...]

One just has to look to Hollywood to see the truth in this. I won't mention any names, but there are some actors who are in very big movies, getting paid big sums of money, to give only mediocre performances.


I can think of several movies that were destroyed by bad acting (i.e. Star Wars, early episodes) although I won't give my personal views over here. Either way, if you are an aspiring actor, Don has some excellent advice, ranging from rejection to meddling of directors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips