Friday, January 27, 2006

Baseball Blog Brings Bad News...


It's a sad day when nobody wants you around. Chad Gramling posts more over at the Baseball Blog:

(Referring to Jeff Bagwell) To me more than anything else, it's just amazing how bad they don't want me to play, said Houston's all-time leader in home runs and RBIs. They just want to collect their money. It's an awkward situation.

Astros ownership insists that recent medical results indicate Bagwell, is likely unable to play first base. Bagwell has has an arthritic right shoulder since 2001, but did not land on the disabled list until May 2005.


I am glad I am in the blog business instead of the sport arena. But if the Astros won't take him, perhaps Atlanta will. :)

Note: Chad seems to be doing a smart thing and specializing on a particular subject. Although I prefer football over baseball as America's new sports king, baseball fans like my dad would enjoy this site (that is if I can convince him to use the computer).

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:33 PM

    I agree that bloggers should specialize in one topic. Should the person decide to diversify, they either must have enough material to theme the blog for two topics; or start a brand new blog entirely to write on the new subject. I recommend starting the new blog.

    As a side note, I am a baseball fan. I also have a roller derby specialty blog as my entry into the sports blog arena. As a matter of fact, it was my very first blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Thanks for blogging about my baseball blog.

    As far as specializing, that was a goal of doing a baseball blog. I wanted it to be for baseball fans - not just for the masses like so many blogs try to do. I welcome any further suggestions you have to improve it.

    Ironically, I posted about a local roller derby startup on my general blog a few days ago. Small world:
    http://chadgramling.com/wordup/?p=20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Good point Wayne! Specializing is one way to make it in the blogosphere as nobody can be an Instapundit or DailyKos anymore (or even a Hugh Hewitt for the conservatives).

    It looks like Chad is following that strategy very well, and I wouldn't be surprised if he became a famous blogger one day. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips