Thursday, January 12, 2006

Is The Bible Sexist?


It looks as if a blogger is upset about what she discovered in the Bible (in reference to Ephesians 5:23-31):

I believe that this doctrine is not only false, but harmful to my confidence and my marital relationship (in this instance, this is not a euphamism for sex!).

All the love in the world wouldn't make up for the lack of a friend in a marriage of equality. Neither me or my husband would want for me to subject myself to him "as the church is subject unto Christ".


Probably a controversial passage, although I generally thought that the Bible made everyone equal, with some harsh words for husbands who slack off, and setbacks for those who don't respect their wives.

Is the bible sexist? I not going to debate this here, (as I don't want to attract trolls) but like all books, if you don't enjoy or agree with it, then don't read it. Pure and simple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips