Monday, January 30, 2006

McDonalds Has A Blog?


(via One By One Media)

I do not know what is more surprising. A corporate blog speaking in semi-corporate talk, or the fact that Burger King has not copied McDonalds in cyber space (as they generally do in reality). Here is a snippet from their weblog:

At McDonald's, we don't grow, raise or produce food, crops or animals. We're simply a food retail company. But we do purchase a lot and so have influence on our suppliers. We try to use this influence responsibly.

In a nutshell, our approach is to work collaboratively with our suppliers so they can meet our expectations and advance our priorities. What's your view of this approach? For example, should we set across-the-board targets and goals for suppliers, rather than work with them to develop individual targets and goals?


I do not remember the last time I ate at McDonalds (as I prefer Subway) but if I were McDonalds I would continue to focus on the individual instead of the overall production as it tends to make you less of a corporate overlord. Wouldn't you agree?

Update: Fixed McDonalds permalink (silly me!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips